Re: Use case scenarios

Waqar (et al),

A very comprehensive list. I did have some difficulty trying map some of
the use cases to the description language level but, I guess that will
shake out as we discuss and refine these. It does seem to me that it
would help to add what exactly would be required of the description
language to each case (some of the use-cases already have this at the
end). Also I find to helpful  to state the usage pattern (as you had
done for UC0001-UC0004)  in addition to the usage scenario. "One-way msg
w/ guarenteed delivery"  in addition to say "Inventory reporting" or
"Travel service volume discounts" etc. That would make it easier to see
the specific underlying requirement, IMHO.

Here are a few more suggested inputs for use cases that sort of reflect
the current spec mainly. It would help to capture these as well.

   * Ability to describe the information model and the interfaces
     separately so that, same information object type can be used by
     multiple interfaces (operations) of a web service. Use cas: A
     management service supports reading, writing and updating same set
     of metrics, with read() write() and update() being different
     operations of the service.
   * Ability to group subsets of all interfaces (operations) offered by
     a Web Service into service ports. E.g. A file-server service offers
     ReadOnly, WriteOnly and ReadWriteAppend ports, where only
     operations for read are available via ReadOnly port and operations
     for write-only are available and WriteOnly ports where as all
     operations in both ReadOnly, WriteOnly ports and some additional
     ones are available via the ReadWriteAppend port. This is perhaps
     trivial example but captures a key power of the language.
   * Ability to describe the support of the same web services interfaces
     on multiple transports (and hence end-points); either a different
     type of transport  or same type of transport with differnet QoS
     characteristics (e.g. secure/reliable transport). Use Case:  the
     same web service interface would be used to support a general
     (guest) acccess to "public-domain" information and a secure
     transport based (authenticated) access to "previleged" information.
   * etc.

BTW is UC0003 (multiple-faults) calling for multiple-fault
specifications for an operation (as opposed to reusing the same
fault-elment to populate with different fault-codes etc. based on the
nature of the fault)?

Just my 2 cents here.

Regards, Prasad