Re: WSDL and W3C

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 16:12, Rich Salz wrote:
> join, and then post your proposal.  It will get rejected, because the
> fundamental charter of the group is "fix wsdl"
>
> Perhaps another way would be to write up a set of requirements that your
> idea meets, but that wsdl doesn't meet.  Send them to me or the WG list.
>   At least they should get into the list, and you'd be owed an
> explanation of why various requirements are (or aren't) being met.
>
> I assume when you say "forces RPC model," I assume you mean it's not REST.

Paul,

I suggest to send your set of requirements to the Web Services
Description Working Group in any case. The current charter of the Group
is intentionally limited to the scope of WSDL 1.1 but, as we define the
set of requirements for the next version of WSDL, we also would like to
enumerate the requirements that are out of scope, in order to take them
into account in future versions. Who knows, maybe some of them are in
fact in the scope of WSDL 1.1. Note also that the Web Services
Architecture Working Group might be interested in having your set of
requirements as they are looking into each piece of a Web Service.

Philippe