Re: Outboud ops state of debate

Hi,

>4) State that the HTTP binding simply does not support output
>operations. Arthur has an action to investigate what it would mean to
>support output ops in the HTTP binding, which may lead to a proposal or
>issues, or both.

Are we specifically referring to the "HTTP GET/POST binding" here or to
the SOAP/HTTP binding as well? I take it is the former.  I do not
particularly see an issue with the SOAP/HTTP binding for output
operations. As we discussed in the last week's WG call, only the actual
end-point information (where the output operations get transmitted to)
needs to be obtained via out-of-band means ; but all other SOAP/HTTP
binding aspects are equally applicable to input and output operations..

Regards, Prasad

I promised to send a statement of the proposal that emerged on output
ops at the last telcon.

The proposal is:
1) Keep output operations in the spec.
2) Publish the TCP binding as a note motivating the need to retain
output operations.
3) Add a non-normative reference to this note from the spec.