Re: [wsi_liaison] Re: W3C/WS-I Coordination

At 03:02 AM 8/30/2004, Ed Cobb wrote:
>         Steve, while it took me some time to actually review the OMA MOU
> (my fault, not yours), in its current form it cannot be accepted by WS-I
> (section 5a is the major problem).
>         While the liaison committee has not made a final decision, our
> current feeling is that we continue to believe that the best solution is
> for W3C to accept our invitation for Associate Membership, especially
> with the requirements work on XML Schema about to begin, rather than
> persue a unique bilateral agreement.

In the meantime, once the XML Schema workplan WG gets started lets make
sure we have technical liaisons in place. I'll make sure finding someone in
the WS-I WG is one the list of AI's when the group starts meeting.

cheers,
   jeff

>Edward Cobb, Vice President, Architecture & Standards
>BEA Systems, Inc., 2315 North First St., San Jose, CA 95131
>Tel: 408-570-8264 / Fax: 408-570-8914 / Mobile 408-464-0733
>E-mail: ed.cobb@bea.com

Director, Web Services Standards      +1(650)506-1975
Consulting Member Technical Staff     500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9
Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065