RE: Issues to think about in the MOM

But SOA is the domain of the service model, which is somewhat layered on the
message model.  The job of the message model is to describe the distributed
state machine of SOAP and SOAP intermediaries, to show how WSDL describes
the content of the messages (and the state machine???), and to say whatever
we are going to say about the underlying layers of the protocol stack and
their intermediaries.  The MOM has to talk about the internals of SOAP
processors (well, those that are defined by the protocol), so then the SOM
can talk about "messages" without having to make references to details such
as message-level intermediaries.