From: Champion, Mike
To: 'Mark Baker '; 'www-ws-arch@w3.org '
Sent: 5/16/2003 9:07 AM
Subject: RE: REST, uniformity and semantics

Oh, I see the ambiguity in my response.  Basically, I'm saying that the
TAG's Webarch document is our normative input vis a vis the constraints
of
the Web architecture that WSA must "align" with.  Fielding's thesis, or
anyone else's interpretation of which "web" constraints should apply to
WSA,
are *informative* inputs *only* once they are in the Webarch document.

This may or may not be relevant to this thread; perhaps I was
over-interpreting Walden's "(For those who didn't recognize it, #2 is
one of
the REST constraints.)"  I replied because I want to make very clear
that I
do not consider the "REST constraints" as being relevant to this WG
unless
a) we decide that they are; or b) the TAG puts them in the Webarch
document
and asserts that they apply to Web services [and it's not at all clear
to me
that the TAG wants to grasp the nettle of Web services!].

I invite people read the soon-to-be published WSA working draft and
raise
any Webarch issues one thinks are in it, but we do NOT invite issues
concerning WSA's non-conformance with non-normative constraints on it.