From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 9:48 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposed Venn Diagrams

Very nice, Mike.  I think many people will find these useful.

Two comments ...

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 12:19:52AM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> "Uniform Interface Services" aka REST is a
> subset of the Web.

True, but I think B is much too large relative to C.  The .

> discussed] is roughly set "F". (It might be called "XML Interface
> Services", but let's not go there now).  That overlaps the REST circle

> because one can (e.g. using SOAP 1.2's GET feature) build RESTful web
> services;

Right, but then the interface is no longer declared with XML (gasp! 8-),
it's declared with HTTP, so "XML Interface Services" isn't an accurate
description of what's going on.  Perhaps that's not such a big deal, but
it could be a point of confusion.  Maybe a footnote would help.