FW: Picking up the "WSDL conceptual model" discussion

[copy of my response from the admin list]

-----Original Message-----
From: Ugo Corda
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 12:44 PM
To: Mike Champion; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Picking up the "WSDL conceptual model" discussion

If the real question here is about which ones of these concepts need an associated URI, I would like to take a minimalist approach and only list those concepts for which I can think of an actual use for the corresponding URI. So my list would be something like:

F - obviously I need a URI to invoke the endpoint
E - the URI comes out automatically from the fragment identifier mechanism applied to the WSDL document, and it's useful to have a unique identifier for a particular WSDL service independently from the actual binding used (i.e. specific endpoint)
G - this would be required in the context of a routing mechanism
D - since it's required by the latest WSDL spec (but the discussion within WSD is still in progress, so it's not completely certain that in the end this will actually be required)

For all the remaining cases, I have a hard time seeing how the definition of an associated URI would help me in any way. (I would of course reconsider my position if some useful use cases came up that required the use of such URIs).

Ugo