From: Hugo Haas [mailto:hugo@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 8:24 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Cc: 'w3c-wsa-editors@w3.org'
Subject: Revised proposed text for intermediary

Below is the text proposed taking into account Shishir's new version of
message recipient and message sender[2], the comments from Chris[3] and
the latest version in the draft[1]:

      2.3.1.2 Intermediary

        2.3.1.2.1 Definition

  An intermediary is an agent that is both a message recipient and a
  message sender. An intermediary may process some aspect of the
  message, and acts to forward the message to the next message
  recipient towards an ultimate message receiver along the message
  path.

        2.3.1.2.2 Relationships to other elements

   an intermediary is

           an agent

   an intermediary may have partial access

           to messages it processes.

        2.3.1.2.3 Explanation

   Intermediaries process messages and then forward them along the
   message path. An intermediary is not the ultimate message recipient
   of a message.

   A message may be intended for an intermediary, or may be
   transparently processed by one.

   An intermediary may act as a gateway to bridge transport services,
   or may process specific aspects of messages (such as security
   information).

Regards,

Hugo

  1.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch-review2
.html?rev=1.37&content-type=text/html#intermediary
  2.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wsa-editors/2003Jul/0029.html
  3. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2003Jul/0076.html
--