RE: Message Recipient 2.2.26 & Sender 2.2.27 text

See below for comments.

I'll send final text to the editors list after removing the intent phrasing.

I am not keen to defend the need to articulate the intent in the message
sender and receiver definitions, they were already defined in the original
text and I did not want to remove something that someone else already had in
the draft doc.

However, I would personally be in favor of removing the intent text also if
the original author(s) are fine with it.

> This gets to the crux of my continuing concern that we are
> not limiting
> the scope of our
> work to WSDL and SOAP plus other stuff that builds on their concepts.
>
> The terms/concepts that are being defined here are inconsistent with
> similar terms in
> SOAP1.2. For instance, the term "message receiver" is being
> defined in
> terms of intent of
> some (or the:-) "message sender". I for one think that this
> is misguided.
> Whether a
> message is received by some agent because it was intended or not is
> irrelevant, it was
> still received and the agent that received it should be
> somehow considered
> in our architecture
> or we can say nothing about it and make no constraints upon it.

I agree that we should "reuse" concepts that SOAP has already established,
but not use exactly the same terms, as the architecture should not be
explicitly modelled around SOAP's messaging framework. So, rather than using
SOAP sender, Message Sender is an appropriate concept to capture.

In fact, in 2.3.2, the text currently in place 2.3.2.5 on Service
Description does not mention WSDL specifically. So why should the message
oriented architecture be based specifically on SOAP?

So, +1 to generalize terms.