RE: resend: Updated Choreography concept/relationship proposal

Mike,
one main comment:

>The most
> appropriate
> formalism for an orchestration appears to be the pi calculus, whereas the
> most appropriate formalism for a choreography appears to be the event
> calculus.

I would say at least two parties

> A choreography is model of the sequence of operations, states, and
> conditions which govern  composite web service.

Given recent discussions in chreo about web service composition vs choreo
composition maybe change compisite to "linkages beteen" or something like
that.

>Successfully following the
> pattern of interaction prescribed by a choreography should result in the
> completion of some useful function, for example: the placement of
> an order,
> information about its delivery and eventual payment, or putting the system
> into a well-defined error state.

> A choreography is not to be confused with "orchestration".
> Orchestration is
> the defintion a series of web service invocations from a single single
> party's point of view (the "conductor", and is generally deterministic;
> whereas a choreography is the global view of the interactions among
> autonomous parties and is generally non-deterministic.

I dont see any evidence either way for determinsm and non determism in
either approach!

>The most
> appropriate
> formalism for an orchestration appears to be the pi calculus, whereas the
> most appropriate formalism for a choreography appears to be the event
> calculus.

This is not accurate or agreed wrt choreography and event calculus. Pi is
equally suitable.
Without starting a huge debate, I would propose that this sentence is
deleted. I dont see what it adds.

> YYY Choreography Description Language
> YYY.1 Definition
> A Choreography Description Language is a notation for describing a
> choreography.  It may also permit the specification of a composite service
> in terms of component services.

What are component services?

> YYY.2 Relationships to other elements
>

> A choreography Description Language describes the pattern of allowable
> interactions between a set of services
>

> A choreography Description Language describes the conversations possible
> between service requesters and service providers.
>
> A choreography description language much be minimally capable of formally
> describing the interactions in known Message Exchange Patterns.
>

> YYY.3 Discussion
> A Choreography description language is a formal, machine-processable
> definition of a specific choreograpy.  A choreography descripion language
> formally defines the message exchange pattern(s) used by a web
> service.  It
> permits the description of how Web services can be composed, how roles and

change composed to inter-linked?
> associations in Web services can be established, and how the
> state, if any,
> of composed services is to be managed.
>

> WSBPEL is an "orchestration" language in WSA terminology whereas BPSS is a
> "choreography" language.

do we need to mention these two - or a least include others.