From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 7:47 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: The UR Trout: Web Services, REST, SOAP

Just that REST conformance is mentioned as a goal for the proposal "when
possible and practical", yet only the reason given for not being REST is
the vague notion of "simple" vs "complex" communications.  What are
those?

(that's a rhetorical question; it's just the big question that this
text raises for me)

FWIW, I'm not expecting to agree with whatever text is accepted.  In
fact, I'm expecting to disagree quite strongly with it.  But I want it
to at least be clear about what it means, and IMO, "simple" and
"complex" doesn't do that.

MB