RE: Summing up on visibility(?)

Just playing devil's advocate for a second.

So you can post some data, but alternatively you can just put it somewhere
so the server can later retieve it and process it. Reminds me of queues: GET
and PUT is all you need.

So you can actually get the same behavior from GET as from POST, which would
make POST redundant if you could pass as much information as you want in
PUT. How much information can you pass in PUT?

Let's say there's a limit. You can pass the local weather report but not a
purchase order. So now you need to do one of two things:

1. PUT some POST some.
2. PUT a reference to the data that could be retrieved with a GET

For no. 1 I would point to the value of a uniform interface. If you can PUT
some POST some, not PUT all but definitely POST all, let's just do POST all
the time. Forget about PUT.

For no. 2 I would point out that now each message passing is actually two
message passing, and instead of just sending data you need to put it
somewhere, identify it, have it retrieved by the "receiver". Pull-based
instead of push. I won't bother to explain which approach seems more
efficient.

arkin