RE: Summing up on visibility(?)

Mark,
I was just commenting on your example using PUT, and your point that the intermediary knows that the server will not do any "further dispatching". What I am pointing out is that PUT, as defined by RFC 2616, does not guarantee that no "further dispatching" is carried out (where by "dispatching" I mean any additional processing other than setting a new value for the resource).

Ugo