Re: Proposed text on reliability in the web services architecture

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 07:33:17AM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> Just recall that many of
> the use cases for Web services include the integration of applications that
> CANNOT be redesigned.  If you can debunk my mistaken assertions that REST
> doesn't work for this use case, go for it.

REST provides for encapsulating legacy systems through layering.  So one
would simply write a component which on one interface presented the
uniform interface, and on the other interacted with the legacy system
via its native interface.

BTW, a quick comment about WS-Reliability.  It contains a "To:" header,
which appears to bump head first into issue 2;

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/issues/wsa-issues.html#x2