Incorporating the REST and Loose Coupling threads into the WSA do cument (was RE: Myth of loose coupling)

-----Original Message-----
From: Abbie Barbir [mailto:abbieb@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 9:54 AM
To: Champion, Mike; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Myth of loose coupling

> PS: The question is when we will start moving fwd on the documents.
> From the discussions on the list, it seems that we are stuck in the
sand....

Yes, ahem, I've gotten a few such reminders in private email :-)

So, although I'm mindful and respectful of the fact that this is a public
list and can't control where people want to go with it, I would ask everyone
to help us wrap this stuff up in a form that can be summarized in the WSA
document.  I think (and the people on the WG seem to think) that we have
identified a viable middle ground where the WSA will be *informed* by REST
principles and will *analyze* how they best complement and suggest
improvements in the SOAP and WSDL technologies, but will not adopt the REST
"paradigm" wholesale.

At some point, Mark is just going to have to agree to disagree and do his
best to get the TAG or the Director to beat us up for him :-) if he thinks
there is any possibility that they will insist on an ideologically pure WS
Architecture document rather than a compromise that outlines the strengths
and weaknesses of various perspectives.   The chances of that, IMHO, are
infitesimal -- all W3C Recommendations are full of compromises.

So, let's get on with documenting the principles and analyzing their utility
in different situations!