RE: Binding

Yes, we're in agreement.  There is a certain amount of a priori
information that is required to put the data accumulated through the
coordination process into context.  Without a priori knowledge of
fibonacci sequences, either example (a page full of numbers or a sequence
of GETS that return each subsequent number) is meaningless.

The paradox in this is that Mark is both right and wrong.  Where Mark
seems to go most astray (IMHO) is that you simply cannot come up with a
single architectural design pattern that describes the ideal Internet
application. REST is a useful abstraction but it's not the only
abstraction.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

"Abbie Barbir" <abbieb@nortelnetworks.com>
01/07/2003 09:45 AM

James M Snell/Fresno/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
bcc

Subject
RE: Binding

well,
from your example, is the inceremental fibonacci needed for the overall
solution, or each number is needed for a solution or a particular.

the point is is that u still need to know the context (whether
inceremental or not).

I guess, we are in agreement (??).

abbie