RE: Visibility (was Re: Introducing the Service Oriented Architec tural style, and it's constraints and properties.

Mike, I agree with you.  I believe that the statement should read "can be
less simple to configure and degrade network and perceived performance".
This focuses the issue on simplicity and performance impacts of visibility.
As an example of the XPath usage, instead of cache "GET on URI X", it's
cache on "XYZ on URI X with XPath Foo=true".  Obviously this won't work if
the message is encrypted.  I think the trade-off is clear.  Caching of just
a URI is simpler than with XPath, but certainly not insurmountable.

Cheers,
Dave