Re: Diagram - Deployed Element

I believe the intent of deployed element is of a physically (at least
on a computer or in real life) existing thing. I originally called this
a deployed resource.

Deployed elements include services, also agents, also descriptions.
They also include application frameworks, firewalls, etc. etc., but
these are out of scope.

Essentially, you can only manage something that exists. Its also true
that, for mgt purposes, what the managed thing does is kind of
unimportant - management is at the meta-level: you want to have
descriptions of the managed resource, and you want to be able to turn
it off (say), but interacting with a service as a service is different
to interacting with the same computational resource from a life-cycle
perspective.

It is certainly true that not all services and/or agents need to be
managed. I think the diagram could use correction about that.

Frank