RE: Resource definition

I agree.  BTW, I'd wanted an id: scheme for a while, so as to remove the
notion of access methods from identity.  But it turned out not to make a
difference.

Our definition of Web service specifies that it is identified by a URI -
which therefore means it is a Resource.  We could elaborate a bit and say
that "A Web service is identified by a URI - and as such is a Resource -
...."