Re: Layering in ebXML and WSA

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:40:45AM -0600, Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) wrote:
> I'd change the "and" to "or" below.  That is, "typical Web services
> architectures are oriented toward late-bound or light operations".  Late
> bound operations are just NOT a heavy hitter in our environment.
> Virtually everything we are thinking about using Web services for, or I
> think might think of in the reasonable future, are early bound.

Agreed 100%.  The only thing I've seen in the Web services space that
uses late binding, is WSIF.

But FWIW, to respond to your earlier comment about ebXML being early
bound, I think it's just the opposite, at least in some places.  The
whole "document/representation over TR&P" approach to message processing
is definitely late bound (though I've heard that it is also used in an
early bound fashion), as a client needn't have any additional a priori
information about a service in order to chuck such a message at it.