Re: Book chapter on Synch/Asynch

Hi,

As you suggest, things would not be so simple as saying
ordered/unordered. Taking the stand that message exchange behavior is
the central concept can one view the time a message exchange takes as a
property of the message exchange behaviour? This way any implementor
knows what message(s) to expect and process according to the order
defined and can structure his implementation in the way he thinks best
fits him from the properties of the message exchange behavior. For
example, he could poll for the message m1 to come in or process some
messages which are unordered with respect to m1.

Thanks,
Kiran.