RE: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

So my conclusion from these latest discussions is that not only we might have a problem in our definition of sync/async, but that the Web services community has a problem when it comes to defining actual standards for sync/async that guarantee interoperability (async being the real issue here).

To be honest, the latter problem is the one that concerns me most, even though it can be argued that it cannot be fixed until a proper definition of sync/async is provided. (I am personally not sure if this is in practice true - people have been doing sync/async Web services for quite a while, and usually they can easily tell a sync WS from an async one when they see it).

Ugo