Re: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 11:14 AM, Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
wrote:
> I do have a sort of dyslexic problem confusing Lamport and Lamprey.  I
> seem to use the words interchangeably. The man should certainly not be
> confused with a parasitic fish!!

We should certainly avoid releasing lampreys into trout ponds - the
effects would be
grotesque.

> I understand what you object to, but I think the problem is fairly
> easily addressed, if desired, by cleaning up the verbiage a bit.

I think the more recent definitions of "web service" and "choreography"
move us closer to being able to solve all this (though of course some
degree
of fuzziness between "choreography", "orchestration", and "MEP" still
remains). They should make it easier to pin down the nouns to which we
want to apply
the adjectives "synchronous" and "asynchronous"....