Re: Artifacts in Requesters -- Simple Conventions for Diagrams

There are a couple things I find unclear about that diagram:

1. I think of "artifacts" as documents, or pieces of data -- not actors or
components.  (This could just be confusion about terminology.)

2. I think it would be helpful to use different geometric symbols to more
clearly distinguish between the actors (or roles or components) and the
artifacts (or documents or data).  In particular, to distinguish between
the Service Description (which is an artifact or document) and the Service
(which is an actor).

I suggest using some simple conventions:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/10/diagram_conventions_clean.htm

We don't have to use those particular conventions if people don't like
them, but I do think: (a) we would achieve greater clarity by following
SOME kind of conventions; (b) clarity is helpful; and (c) it isn't worth
spending a lot of time selecting the conventions.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard