From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 7:30 PM
To: 'Mark Baker'; Champion, Mike
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Definition of Choreography

Mark
You said ... Why would I ever need to *share* a description with anybody?
If you are inside your own business you don't. But choreographies can go
between businesses, in which case you definitely do - see [1].
Both sides **need** to know exactly what choreography they are following
otherwise you don't get interoperability. For example we have identified 14
different choreographies that can be used to place an order. Without a) a
precise definition of the choreography that is actually going to be used,
and b) a shared understanding of that choreography by both ends, it just
won't work.
... or am I missing something ...
Regards
David