RE: Choreography Declarative/Procedural Spectrum

I think this is similar to what I was getting at when I mentioned the
charactistics of a node.
At some point, what people percieve as procedural is still truly
declarative, but it is derived
from set of domain concepts that are implemented as primitives.

Example: procedural markup says move down x lines and place a string foobar.
In reality, the domain must specify what "lines" are and what happens when a
string is
placed.

Declarative markup (<para>foobar</para>) is "better" because it separates
information from
the presentation domain making it more reusable. (of course, better is
relative as anyone
who has dealt with marketing people who don't like the way you present a
<para>)

So we can really start from both directions:
    * top down in deciding what declarative domain we want to work in and
why
    * bottom up in deciding what are node domain primatives we need and how
to declare
        interactions with them

For declarative choreography, what are the benefits we are looking for? What
levels of reuse,
system independence, etc?

Dave