RE: Top cloud in triangle/rectangle diagram

+1 to Igor and Heather.

There is no pure SOA without some service information being acquired
by the requestor.  To identify a case where it involves human agency,
prior business arrangement and SMTP is only to locate a particular
point in the continuum.  There are other real-world variants, even
more likely in my experience, in which the service provider explicitly
communicates URL's to the business partner at which WSDL and English
documents that further describe the service are to be found.  The
requestor then gets these documents by using HTTP rather than SMTP as
in David's example.  Should this suddenly take us from a 2-node
picture to a 3-node picture?  I think not.  We are in the same
triangluar, SOA, logical framework in all cases.

--mark

Mark Jones
AT&T