RE: Spec draft

By the way I want to be sure everyone recognizes Heather Kreger for her very significant contribution to the document, including the diagrams and a large part of the text.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 10:40 PM
To: Newcomer, Eric; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Spec draft

Eric,

The document looks good to me so far. I have just a couple of comments.

- second block of text just below Figure 2,
"The request/response pattern is also often called the remote procedure call (RPC) oriented interaction style"

It might often be called that way, but I don't think it's a good idea to reinforce that belief here. The interaction style, RPC or document, should be completely orthogonal to the request/response pattern, so that, for instance, I can have a request/response pattern that uses the document style instead of RPC.

- just before "Extended Web Services Architecture",
"The interaction can be single message one way, broadcast from requester to many services, a multi message conversation, or a business process."

Is this an exhaustive list? Probably not. In that case it's better to rephrase it with something like "Examples of interactions are ...".

Ugo