RE: OT: good design vs evolveability (was TAG "Architecture of t he W orld Wide Web" new draft published)

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 02:01:24PM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> > See http://www.shirky.com/writings/evolve.html
>
> Oh, don't get me started on that one.  8-)

I was going to cite this as the "article that launched a thousand flame
wars" and I don't intend to get sucked into another!  This really is
off-topic, and you all should be critiquing the WSA document rather than
reading this thread :-)

>I frequently agree with
> Clay, but he fell for the "worse is better" trap there, big time.

Mark is referring to http://www.jwz.org/doc/worse-is-better.html
The article that launched a million flame wars :-)

But see http://www.dreamsongs.com/WorseIsBetter.html
I think Gabriel has a very healthy ambivalence toward the monster he spawned
... and I recommend that attitude of humble skepticism about the claims of
all sides to anyone trying to make sense of the web services world.