Re: Web services and the Semantic Web

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:27:58PM -0600, Champion, Mike wrote:

> > Sorry, I should have responded to this directly.
>
> Uhh, to echo David Orchard "We have a great deal of work to do in our
> activity and working groups."

Yes, and we continue to move ahead on a path that is steering further
and further away from Web architecture.  The sooner we confront this,
the easier it will be to fix things.

Given that we've already produced a document (usage scenarios) with
some glaring Web architecture unfriendly examples, I think that it
behooves us to ensure that this won't happen again.

> What we REALLY should be responding to is the
> ballot on scalability and extensibility!

I'm working on it! 8-)

> Anyway, this issue is DEAD!  'It's not pinin'!  'It's passed on!  This issue
> is no more!  It has ceased to be!  It's expired and gone to meet its maker!
> It's a stiff!  Bereft  of life, it rests in peace!   Its metabolic processes
> are now 'istory!  'It's off the twig!  'It's kicked the bucket, 'it's
> shuffled off 'its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin'
> choir invisibile!!  THIS IS AN EX-ISSUE!!

The CSF is an ex-issue, yes.  That's why I changed the subject line.