RE: D-AC009.2 discussion points and proposal(s)

BEA is aghast that the web services activity is even pondering requiring the
provision of an RDF binding for XML technologies provided in the activity,
and the resultant repercussions, like slowing up schedules..

The W3C membership CLEARLY indicated that web services IS decoupled from the
Semantic Web Activity.  The Director SPECIFICALLY asked this question to the
AC list and got an incredibly strong negative response from the community on
the prospect of coupling the.  This issue has not been re-opened and we
consider closed.

There is NO mandate or rationale for the WSA to do this extra and
unnecessary work.  This is scope and requirements creep of the most flagrant
kind.

We strongly oppose the wording of D-AR009.2 and vote against this, and
support IBM and SAG's position.

I apologize that I haven't been able to vote or speak on this topic until
now, but I do get some time off every now and then ;-)

Cheers,
Dave Orchard