RE: D-AR006.6 [ Was: RE: D-AR006.11 discussion points]

Mark,

The points presented in the article you referenced are
well known facts for those who develop and deploy
non-rep technologies: banks, institutional traders, etc.

Some of the points it made actually reinforced the reqs for
Key Management and Private Key guidelines.

Oh, the authors neglected to mention a non-PKI based remedy
for a digital signature's shortfall they show: the challenge-response
method used to prove the signer's sole possession of the
private key at time of signing, e.g. Alice claims her
private key was stolen, someone else forged her signature.
(They were too busy bashing PKI, I guess. ;-)

Non-rep is a complicated subject indeed.  For that reason
I suggested during the F2F that it might not likely to be
tackled in the first phase of our deliverables (if the WG
decided to take it on), keeping the time-to-market factor
in mind.

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service