RE: architecture question

Hi Tim,

I understand the issues around distributed heterogeneous integration
extremely well, given that that's squarely where IONA's products are
targeted. Addressing all the concerns you mention below about service
characteristics has more to do with ontology than it does with
architecture, like I said before. The architecture we're working on in
this Working Group won't, for example, be able to guarantee that all
parties providing a particular type of web service agree on all the
terminology, units of measurement, etc. implicit in their services.
We're working on horizontal issues in this Working Group, but such
ontology issues are normally worked by standards groups focused on
industry verticals.

--steve