RE: D-AG006 Security

Joseph,

	QoS is not a measurement, SLA is. QoS is architectural, SLA is
operational.

	QoS also can include reliable messaging dimensions. By the by
everything is measured - either in a binary scale (yes or no) or analog
scale (0-100 et al)

	QoS is not included in security because it is a separate
functionality.

cheers

 | > >  |
 | > >  |
 | > >  | I'm not quite sure what you mean by "transaction
 | > >  | processing". I have heard
 | > >  | the term used in more than one way.  Is the concern
 | > >  | essentially to have a
 | > >  | mechanism for handling stateful transactions -- for example,
 | > >  | to carry state
 | > >  | information in the messages?  Or are you talking about the
 | > >  | idea of "rolling
 | > >  | back" a transaction if it fails -- or possibly of initiating
 | > >  | compensating
 | > >  | transactions?
 | > >  |
 | > >  |
 | > >  |
 | > >  |
 | > >  | I don't think so.  There's no security primitives that
 | > >  | would fit the bill of reliable messaging (RM), which
 | I sometimes
 | > >  | characterize as "layer-7 TCP" where a session between two
 | > >  | endpoints may span
 | > >  | over several time-serialized connections, disconnections,
 | > >  | reconnections.
 | > >  | AG006 may include securing RM, but not RM per se.
 | > >  |
 | > >  | While at it, let me mention that if you want to include
 | > >  | RM in WS-Arch, then you may as well not leave out
 | > >  | transaction processing.
 | > >  |
 | > >  | [snip]
 | > >  | > it is a natural
 | > >  | > progression of thought:  "I'm worried about who the
 | author of
 | > >  | > the message
 | > >  | > is, whether it is distorted, and that IT ACTUALLY
 | GETS THERE".
 | > >  |
 | > >  | security primitives that can guarantee data arrival.
 | > >  |