From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hal.lockhart@entegrity.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 2:10 PM
To: Joseph Hui; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: SAML's authZ token?

SAML is entirely about Authorization.

There are three types of statements in Assertions.

1. Authentication Assertion
2. Attribute Assertion

These are intended as inputs to authorization decisions.

3. Authorization Decision Assertion

This reports the result of an authorization decision.

Note that SAML says nothing about how authorization decisions are made. This is what XACML is about.

Hal