RE: [RTF] Behavior definition of Services - public discussion

I do not think that we are in any significant disagreement.

-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 8:57 PM
To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); Burdett, David; 'Francis McCabe';
www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: [RTF] Behavior definition of Services - public discussion

Roger

You said ...

>>>I continue to view this kind of thing as a something that might come down
the road after a number of other things have happenned, as opposed to the
automation of business processes that could have a big impact right now.<<<

We really do need to think about the various use cases that are likely to be
relevant. I totally agree, that for some businesses, what I described below
will not happen to significant degree. But it is actually very similar to
what we all often do right now when we buy something on the web - i.e. do
B2C. I would think that B2C is a sufficiently large use case that we should
not preclude it happening.

So all I am really saying is that we need to allow the use case where
interactions with a web service will work successfully in a useful way
without any prior agreement - relying on published definitions of well known
interfaces, as well as recognize the need to optimize or specialize an
interaction through agreement to meet the needs of two individual partners
who want to work in a particular way - we need both.

David