From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:49 AM
To: 'Walden Mathews'; Burdett, David; 'Mark Baker'; Champion, Mike
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: [RTF] AC019 proposal to WSA WG

I agree that TCP/IP provides the reliability described below. I don't think
that TCP/IP can, given current web architecture with transport protocols
running on top, do it effectively in a web services environment. So I would
probably add a couple of more definitions, i.e.

3. Where a Message can be, but does not have to be, a SOAP Message
4. Which can implemented in an application neutral way with any existing
popular transport protocol, e.g. HTTP and SMTP.

Item "3" is needed because delivery of the WHOLE message is important - not
just bits of it which TCP/IP does
Item "4" is probably not absolutely necessary but is, I think, highly
practical as SOAP Messages use these protocols at the moment.

David