From: Damodaran, Suresh [mailto:Suresh_Damodaran@stercomm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 5:40 PM
To: 'Ugo Corda'; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: [RTF] Behavior definition of Services - public discussion

This is a classic example, where some means to specify semantics behavior
will help.
The fact that this issue came up in WSDL makes me think that perhaps
we should at least entertain the notion within WSA. Defining semantics, of
course,
is a hard problem.

We discussed this issue in today's RTF meeting.
A "mild" and currently existing solution  (in B2B) to the problem is to
"enable
service agreements."
I.e., "semantic equivalence defn. of functional behavior" translates to
"WSA will enable service agreements among service providers and service
requesters"
And then assume semantics will be taken care through agreements between the
parties involved.

Cheers,

-Suresh
Sterling Commerce