Re: Device Independence, device, mobility, and wireless issues

Mark and Joel,

I did not mean to imply I thought mobile servers were unimportant, irrelevant,
impossible or anything else slightly negative.  The emphasis of my second question
was on "explicitly" (in my feeble mind).

I don't believe either of you has addressed my first question: Are the following
items candidate goals / requirements for our architecture?  I probably should also
ask, are any of these covered by our existing goals (such as platform or device
independence)?  I don't believe so.

   * intermittently connected participants,
   * utility or visibility of services based on locality or
   * varying routes (and other issues) in multimodal interaction with a single
     "service" (probably something at a higher level than a single web service,
     I'm guessing).

thanx,
    doug