RE: Orchestration (was: W3C Web Service Description WG: Requireme nts)

Jeff,

	Even though I cannot disagree on "orchestration as a form of
composition", I would put orchestration in the execution of web
services. Remember, a web service might not know the orchestration when
it is composed - for a variety of reasons incl the fact that
orchestration would change depending on the output of the execution.

	IMHO, the *architecture* should consider and provide for
orchestration; the WSDL should also provide "hooks"  for orchestration.
One reason I see is the propagation of context and state which helps
orchestration, another one is at least a place holder for orchestration
related metadata like the engine URI. The WSDL cannot assume that a web
service starts and end by itself with out any colloboration and effect
on other "related" services.

cheers