Re: Previous Questions...

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Xavier Pilas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've posted questions on this mailing list and i had never receive answers ?
> I thought this mailing was dead but now, i can see it is not !! ;-)

Well, Benoit left recently, and I was not following this list...

> * Question 1 :
> I have seen in the source of JWPut.java thaht :
> - in a case, we've got an exception thrown
> - but in another case, we just have a log in the ui
>
> My question is why do you log the error in the ui ? May be it is better to
> throw an exception and to
> keep the user/developper choose what he can do with the rror (an ui log or
> anything else !!)

Yes, an exception should always be raised, I will try to work on this. (My
current problem is finding time, someone will take real ownserhip of Winie
soon).

> * Question 2:
> i'm using Winie to perform a Put on a web server. But i want to check if
> everything was OK. I catch
> all the exception but even is the URL server is wrong, i have no exception
> thrown !
> How can i do that ?

Well, as soon as 1/ is fixed, it will help a lot to do this :)
Of course if you have patches handy, they are welcome :)
Regards,

--
Yves Lafon - W3C