Re: Krivov's question: "Why RDF?"

If you regard OWL as just an ontology language then basing it on RDF (at
all) is hard to argue for.
But as a web ontology language perceived as layering on top of RDF
semantically it is plausible that the amount of effort needed to make it
just more triples (rather than a true syntactic extension) was worth it.

I think it comes down to the W in OWL ...

Having decided that we working on Web ontology, we had to accept a number
of limitations from other Web languages, RDF being one of them.

Jeremy