RE: Careful what you open - I'm getting worms from webont members

> From: Charles White [mailto:Charles.White@networkinference.com]
> I have gotten at least a couple copies of one of the recent
> viruses from webont members, Jim H. being one of them.
> So be careful what you open.

I believe Sobig, in particular, spoofs its From address.  There is a
very high chance that these were not sent from those WG members, but
from the virus/worm on another system pretending to be them.  Not that
this helps much when you're trying to work out whether to open the email
or not!

We've had considerable problems on a different list where the list
address was used as the From address.  Cue hundreds of messages to the
list saying 'your message was blocked at the gateway'...

Roll on the day of 100% free, 99.999% available digital signatures :-/.

		- Peter