applying WSDL to plain old HTTP GET services? [was: Additional tests for cyclic structures]

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 09:15, Sean Bechhofer wrote:
[...]
> In the spirit of transparency, I have added a simple test harness to our
> servlet interface [1].

I've been a fan of this sort of "zero install" service for a
long time... at least back to 1994 when I set up the HTML
validation service. I sorta take it for granted that this
is the way to do things.

These days, they call it Web Services, and there's this
WSDL stuff. I'm sort of embarrased to say I've never
really used it. I'm curious, though, to know if WSDL
can be applied to things like [1] without modification.
If not, should WSDL be fixed so it can be?

This isn't really WebOnt WG business, but more
overall W3C coordination work. OK, I'll be honest:
I'm asking the rest of you to do my homework.

Any takers?