Re: Guide: History clarification questions

Frank's citation is to full OKBC. The only OKBC Lite citation is to the actual
XOL document, in which a section discusses OKBC Lite. I sent this to Mike
already: see http://www.ai.sri.com/pkarp/xol/.

Leo

Frank van Harmelen wrote:

> > 1. OIL ancestor clarification
> >
> > a. Hendler - "SHOE and Ontobroker were direct contributors to DAML and OIL
> > respectively."
> >
> > b. Horrocks = "OIL was NOT based on Ontobroker - it was based on a
> > combination of
> > description logic theory and frame syntax, with the latter heavily
> > influenced by XOL, an XML serialisation of the OKBC Lite knowledge
> > model."
> >
> > If b is correct, I need an OKBC Lite citation.
>
> b. is correct.
> The OKBC citation is
>
> V. K. Chaudhri, A. Farquhar, R. Fikes, P. D. Karp, and J. P. Rice: OKBC:
> A programmatic foundation for knowledge base interoperability. In Proceedings
> of the 15th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-98), pages
> 600?607. AAAI Press,1998.

Dr. Leo Obrst  The MITRE Corporation
mailto:lobrst@mitre.org Intelligent Information Management/Exploitation
Voice: 703-883-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S W640
Fax: 703-883-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA