Re: SEM: Reaching consensus

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I disagree with a large amount of Pat's message, particularly his
> characterizations of my feelings and my positions.  However, I do agree
> that removing Large OWL from the equation improves the chances of an
> eventual success.  I would not go so far as to say that removing Large OWL
> from the equation makes the chances of success very large, but it does
> definitely improve the chances.

I think Large OWL is being dismissed here too quickly. You might find
Large OWL extreme from your point of view, but users (knowledge
engineers) may feel the same about Fast OWL or your model theory. I
would prefer to keep it as an explicit option on the table, even if we
decide not to go for it in OWL 1.0.

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html