Re: possible semantic bugs concerning domain and range

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> Suppose that you have the following:
>
>    foo rdfs:subPropertyOf bar .
>    foo rdfs:range xsd:[integer union string] .
>    bar rdfs:range xsd:[string union integer] .
>
>    john foo 10 .
>
> how is 10 to be interpreted?

I'm a bit confused, perhaps you can write that out in legal N-triples?

I assume you mean:

foo rdfs:range _:x .
_:x unionOf (xsd:integer, xsd:string) .

and

john foo "10" .

as opposed to either

john foo xsd:integer"10" .
or
john foo xsd:string"10" .

this according to the latest changes to the still unfinished RDFCore
datatyping work.

ok so it the issue of how to interpret the literal "10"? doesn't this depend
on whether RDFCore decides that the _default_ type of an untyped literal is
xsd:string? Or if not then the interpretation of "10" includes
{xsd:integer"10", xsd:string"10"}?

Jonathan

http://www.jonathanborden-md.com
http://www.erieneuroscience.org