Re: Guide: draft of Oct 31 (goofy TranstiveProperty use)

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 16:10, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: Guide: draft of Oct 31 (goofy TranstiveProperty use)
> Date: 31 Oct 2002 15:58:31 -0600
>
> [...]
>
> > While it actually is syntactically
> > legal RDF, I'm sure it doesn't say what you meant.
> > It says
> > 	locatedIn owl:TransitiveProperty "".
>
> I would be interested in the derivation of this.

Yes, every time I break my "Always cite your source"
rule[95], I lose. Every time.

I was going from memory, but I see that the RDF issues
list confirms...

Issue rdfms-empty-property-elements: The interpretation of empty
property elements is unclear.
http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-empty-property-elements

And I think it's reasonably clear in the syntax spec...
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#emptyPropertyElt

esp. test002 for this issue
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-empty-property-elements/test002.rdf
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-empty-property-elements/test002.nt