outline of semantics document [was Re: ADMIN: Minutes of Oct. 24 Telecon]

From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@mitre.org>
Subject: ADMIN: Minutes of Oct. 24 Telecon
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:26:29 -0500

[...]

> PROPOSAL OF ISSUE 5.21 "Drop disjointUnionOf" ACCEPTED. Issue 5.21
> DROPPED.

I believe that Issue 5.21 has been CLOSED, not DROPPED.

[...]

> 4. DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Semantics document (Hayes, Patel-Schneider)
> NEW ACTION: Peter will produce an outline with pointers.

The outline and, in fact, the contents, can be found at

  http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/semantics.html

or by following the links in that document.

A version with all the contents in-line, suitable for printing, but not so
good for browsing, can be found at

  http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/semantics-all.html

This document now contains:

1/ the abstract syntax for OWL
2/ the direct model theory for the abstract syntax
3/ the mapping from the abstract syntax to n-triples
4/ an RDFS-compatible model theory starting with n-triples (for both Fast
   OWL and Large OWL)
5/ the proof that the two model theories correspond on abstract syntax KBs.